Nina Simone Gets Remixed
Many say Nina Simone's most definitive work happened from the mid-sixties to mid-seventies. RCA/Legacy Recordings would agree with that idea, having chosen the bulk of tracks for her Remixed & Reimagined project from that time period. The compilation dedicated to Simone contains remixes of her tracks by contemporary dance and electronic producers, including François K., Tony Humphries, Coldcut, Nickodemus, and DJ Logic, each taking a stab at the diversified music of Simone, who covered everything from soul to Broadway during her musical career.
The tracks are a section of some of Simone's best work while recording for RCA, many of them titles that caught the eyes and ears of the club world.This is another episode in the resurgence of her vibrant catalog since the singer's death in April of 2003, so the remixes here are not only new interpretations of her music, they're also a tribute to the late High Priestess of Soul.
Remixed and Reworked is out October 31, 2006 on RCA/Legacy.
1. I Can't See Nobody (Daniel Y. Remix)
2. Funkier Than A Mosquito's Tweeter (Jazzeem's All Styles Remix)
3. Aint' Got No - I Got Life (Groovefinder Remix)
4. Save Me (Coldcut Remix)
5. Turn Me on (Tony Humphries Got U Turned On Dub)
6. Here Comes The Sun (François K Remix)
7. Westwind (Organica Remix)
8. Go To Hell (Mowo Remix)
9. My Man's Gone Now (DJ Wally Remix)
10. The Look Of Love (Madison Parks vs. Lenny B Remix)
11. o-o-h Child (Nickodemus Remix)
12. To Love Somebody (Chris Coco's Stadium Rocker Remix)
13. Obeah Woman (DJ Logic Remix)
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player