RESFEST Chicago Kicks Off This Weekend
Now in its tenth year running-and ready to celebrate that fact-RESFEST heads to Chicago this weekend for the latest stop off on its extensive tour. The Windy City sees four days of film and music events, some of which we've listed below for you to plan your weekend. Tickets are available by calling 312.397.4010 or here. All all access Respass is only $79, while they last.
RESFEST Chicago takes place Thursday, October 19 - Sunday, October 22, 2006.
Friday, October 20, 9pm
Videos That Rock
The festival's music video screening features vids from Hot Chip, Mogwai, The Knife, Sufjan Stevens, and more, directed by greats like Ace Norton and Chris Hopewell.
Saturday, October 21, 3pm
RESFEST holds its sixth annual survey of the year's motion graphics, CGI, and new annimation, including work from Takagi Masakatsu and the world premiere of the latest Ben Stokes work.
Saturday, October 21, 9pm
Rock The Bells
Ever imagine what it must be like to get the nine members of Wu-Tang Clan in the same room at the same time? Concert promoter Chang Weissberg offers his account of that adventure when he booked the group in 2004.
Sunday, October 22, 5.30pm
Unsung Heroes: Music Video Gems From The Archive
It wouldn't be a 10-year anniversary celebration without a peek into the past, and RESFEST unearths some classic videos from previous festivals. Classic works by Roman Coppola AIR, and Shynola and others again see the light at this very special event.
Sunday, October 22, 7pm
Yes, it's a dirty word these days, but the long-running program again sheds light on some of the most exciting electronic and hip-hop artists producing music these days. Jamie Lidell, Tiga, Gnarls Barkley, Coldcut, and others make appearances.
Sunday, October 22, 9pm
Closing Night Party
Free with a ticket stub or Respass, the celebration marks the end of the the Chicago festival, but the beginning of the global tour. Local DJS and VJs provide the entertainment at Chicago's Sonotheque venue.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player