SonarSound Seoul Opens Today
Today marks the start of the Sónar festival's Korean debut, following its Tokyo appearance last week. SonarSound Seoul will cover music and art through both an exhibition and performances.
The Seoul Arts Center's Hangaram Design Museum will feature an exhibition adapted from the festival's Sonarfiles, which are digital art audiovisual projects from the last 13 years of electronic music. Two photographic additional exhibitions will cover various moments of Sónar over the years.
Musical performances will feature three acclaimed Spanish artists, namely Angel Molina and Griffi and DJ 2d2. Japan's Doravideo as well as Korean artists complete the music portion of the festival. All music performances take place on the nights of October 13 and 14.
SonsarSound Seoul runs from Thursday, October 12 through Monday, October 16, 2006.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player