Antibalas Signs To Anti, Preps New Album
Brooklyn-based collective Antibalas (means "bulletproof" in Spanish), a group known for its politics as well as its dozen or so members, has always given a twist to the standard afrobeat formula, and that's likely to continue with their recent signing to Anti Records.
The deal coincides with a new album slated for release in March 2007. For this fourth long player, Antibalas works with much-acclaimed producer John McEntire, whose resume boasts Tortoise, Stereolab, Tom Ze, and others. Though a name has yet to be chosen for the release, expect lots of musical risk taking, genre crossing, and collaborations with Baaba Maal, TV on the Radio, and others.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player