Antibalas Signs To Anti, Preps New Album
Brooklyn-based collective Antibalas (means "bulletproof" in Spanish), a group known for its politics as well as its dozen or so members, has always given a twist to the standard afrobeat formula, and that's likely to continue with their recent signing to Anti Records.
The deal coincides with a new album slated for release in March 2007. For this fourth long player, Antibalas works with much-acclaimed producer John McEntire, whose resume boasts Tortoise, Stereolab, Tom Ze, and others. Though a name has yet to be chosen for the release, expect lots of musical risk taking, genre crossing, and collaborations with Baaba Maal, TV on the Radio, and others.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player