Antibalas Signs To Anti, Preps New Album
Brooklyn-based collective Antibalas (means "bulletproof" in Spanish), a group known for its politics as well as its dozen or so members, has always given a twist to the standard afrobeat formula, and that's likely to continue with their recent signing to Anti Records.
The deal coincides with a new album slated for release in March 2007. For this fourth long player, Antibalas works with much-acclaimed producer John McEntire, whose resume boasts Tortoise, Stereolab, Tom Ze, and others. Though a name has yet to be chosen for the release, expect lots of musical risk taking, genre crossing, and collaborations with Baaba Maal, TV on the Radio, and others.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player