Bad Boy Records Strikes Deal With VP
"It's gonna be madness!" claims O'Neil Bryan, a.k.a. dancehall star Elephant Man, in speaking of the recent deal Bad Boy Records and VP struck to distribute the artist's music. Big news, but not all that surprising, since Bryan is one of the few dancehall artists whose been successful with infiltrating the mainstream. Offers to collaborate with stars like Diddy seem the inevitable next step, and the first release is already slated for spring 2007. This new album will, in the spirit of major labels, feature an extensive list of guest performers of the celebrity variety. Diddy, Cassie, Rhianna, Busta Rhymes, Shaggy, and Lil' Jon are expected to appear on this list. Meanwhile, Bryan will hit the road with Diddy in February to play supporting act on the superstar's world tour. "We are gonna take dancehall to another level," Bryan says. At this point, few would dispute that.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
XLR8R Downloads Player