Factory Records Graphic Album
The end of the month sees the first-ever complete documentation of Factory Records graphic output during its lifespan, with Factory Records: The Complete Graphic Album. Bath, England-based Matthew Robertson, a collector of rare Factory Records items himself, compiled the numerous record sleeves, posters, and flyers for the project, managing to gather every piece of graphic output the label ever produced. Considering that Factory was known for breaking ground in the design world and the musicians worked alongside designers like Peter Saville, Den Kelly, Mark Farrow, and Barbara Kruger, that's saying something.
Factory Records: The Complete Graphic Album is out November 20, 2006 from Chronicle Books. Definitely worth shelling out forty bucks for.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player