Kid Robot Writes Its Own Toy Story
No one knows the business of toys better than Kidrobot, the creator and retailer that turns urban street trends into collectible art, toys, and apparel. Add books to that list now, as the company has just released I Am Plastic: The Designer Toy Explosion. Written by Kidrobot founder and creative director Paul Budnitz, the book is a visual history that examines designer toys' decade-long rise to fame and includes artists like Frank Kozik, Mori Chack, Dalek, and others. Copies are limited, so pick one up today.
I Am Plastic: The Designer Toy Explosion is available for $39.95 (USD) at Kid Robot.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player