Kid Robot Writes Its Own Toy Story
No one knows the business of toys better than Kidrobot, the creator and retailer that turns urban street trends into collectible art, toys, and apparel. Add books to that list now, as the company has just released I Am Plastic: The Designer Toy Explosion. Written by Kidrobot founder and creative director Paul Budnitz, the book is a visual history that examines designer toys' decade-long rise to fame and includes artists like Frank Kozik, Mori Chack, Dalek, and others. Copies are limited, so pick one up today.
I Am Plastic: The Designer Toy Explosion is available for $39.95 (USD) at Kid Robot.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player