Kid Robot Writes Its Own Toy Story
No one knows the business of toys better than Kidrobot, the creator and retailer that turns urban street trends into collectible art, toys, and apparel. Add books to that list now, as the company has just released I Am Plastic: The Designer Toy Explosion. Written by Kidrobot founder and creative director Paul Budnitz, the book is a visual history that examines designer toys' decade-long rise to fame and includes artists like Frank Kozik, Mori Chack, Dalek, and others. Copies are limited, so pick one up today.
I Am Plastic: The Designer Toy Explosion is available for $39.95 (USD) at Kid Robot.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player