Nature Sounds Presents Beat Kings
Hip-hop label Nature Sounds, home to Mathematics, Masta Killa, MF Doom, and others, tries their hand at documentary filmmaking with Beat Kings: The History Of Hip-Hop. Spearheaded by Wu-Tang Clan member DJ Mathematics, the story chronicles the genre from the days of Afrika Bambatta to modern day artists like Kanye. Fear not, it isn't "just another hip-hop documentary." This one's beat-centric, meaning the filmmakers collect first-hand accounts of equipment used, annals on how the beats were made, and technique tips, and keep the focus on the making of the music. In the studio interviews include Havoc (Mobb Deep), Trackmasters, RZA, Pete Rock, Alchemist, Prince Paul, and more.
Beat Kings: The History Of Hip-Hop is out later this year on Nature Sounds.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player