On Sale Now: Art Army Action Figures
Michael Leavitt, the self-proclaimed "one-man company of fine craft, sculpture, toys, portraits, landscapes, performance, education, architecture, and animation," has really outdone himself this time, with his one-of-a-kind Art Army action figures.
Each of the clay and elastic figures depicts one of the art icons Leavitt takes inspiration and influence from, including Banksy, Barrry McGee, Andy Warhol, Futura 2000, Shepard Fairey, and, um, Conan O'Brien. Although many of these limited edition pieces have already sold, it's well worth heading over to Leavitt's site and having a look at his creations, which are as genius as they are hilarious. I was particularly excited to see Yoda included among these great artists, still on sale for a mere $300.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player