XLR8R's Podcast Interview: Tom Moulton vs. Rub-N-Tug
In issue 103 XLR8R's Fred Miketa brought Tom Moulton, the man responsible for inventing the 12-inch single, and nu-disco masters Rub-N-Tug together for a conversation on favorite records, clubs, and much more.
Besides his contribution to singles, Moulton is also a highly-sought producer, arranger, and engineer. Eric Duncan and Thomas Bullock of Rub-N-Tug have been bringing the disco live to New York for over a decade, through both music production and parties.
The interview is available in audio format exclusively through the XLR8R Podcast Interview Series, so start downloading. Be sure to pick up a copy of the December issue when it hits newsstands, so you can read along. iTunes 4.9 or higher recommended.
Photos by Rayon Richards
Eric Duncan and Thomas Bullock (in photo) of Rub-N-Tug.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player