Be the Next Jukie
Indie hip-hop label Definitive Jux (home to RJD2, Cage, The Perceptionists) has partnered with mtvU for a contest to find another name to add to the Jukie roster. Contestants have the chance to win an EP deal, a single/video collaboration with Def Jux's Mr. Lif, and a video premiere on mtvU and mtvU.com. So if the college scene is a good fit for your tracks, why not give it a shot?
The winning spot will go to the best unsigned DJ, MC, band, or producer among the college audience. That means you or at least one of your band members still has to be enrolled in a university (step aside, you Orb-loving geezers). To enter, create an account, opt in, and start uploading those tracks. Deadline to opt in is December 14, 2006.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player