Fujiya & Miyagi Prep New Album
The Britain-based trio used to sing everything from “Purple Rain” to “Wichita Line Man” in karaoke bars, if that says anything about the vast array of musical influences David Best, Steve Lewis, and Matt Hainsby (collectively Fujiya & Miyagi) give credit to on their latest album. Brimming with hints of Kraftwerk, Talking Heads, and The Happy Mondays, and sharing a title with a Vladimir Nabokov book, Transparent Things collects the band's recent singles onto one CD, along with the addition of three new tracks. The lyrics make for some amusing icing on the cake, broaching subjects as mundane as office work and as hilarious as determining the difference between male and female genitalia while walking to school.
Transparent Things is out January 23, 2007 on Deaf Dumb & Blind Recordings.
Listen to the track "Ankle Injuries."
1. Ankle Injuries
4. Transparent Things
5. Conductor 71
6. In One Ear & Out the Other
7. Sucker Punch
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player