L Pierre Releases Dip
Fans of Arab Strap, take note. There's still music to be had following the band's recent split, courtesy of Aidan Moffat working under his solo moniker L Pierre. Following 2004's Touchpool, his latest effort, Dip, explores a quieter, less machine-driven side of Moffat's musical sensibilities. A concept album through and through, Dip is full of cellos, acoustic bass, trumpets, and other live instruments woven into dreamy sequences and accompanied by the sound of waves crashing. If any filmmakers are reading, here's a man you might call up to compose your next soundtrack.
Dip is out January 15, 2007 on Melodic.
2. Weir's Way
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsHear Dntel's Upcoming LP for Leaving/Stones Throw
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player