Oxbow Releases New Album, Preps SXSW Show
Oxbow, the San Francisco noise-blues savants known for their controversial, carnal, and cathartic live performance, are putting finishing touches on their new album, The Narcotic Story, slated for a June release on Hydrahead. The album marks new territories for the band, who will cross the boundaries of chaos with multi-Grammy winner Joe Chiccarelli (Joan Baez, Frank Zappa) at the production reigns for the album.
In addition to the new album, Oxbow will also be part of the highly anticipated Hydrahead SXSW showcase alongside post-rockers Pelican, Stephen Brodsky's Octave Museum, Daughters, and a slew of others.
If you haven't been infected with the band's innovative approach to exorcising rhythmic demons, check out the boys' eerie aesthetic on their latest CD/DVD Love That's Last, available in record stores all over the place. You may see more than you bargained for.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player