Banksy Opens Online Store
Not everyone can drop $250,000 on a piece of artwork with the words "I can't believe you morons actually buy this shit" scrawled on it, (though we'd like to) and guerrilla art sensation Banksy is well aware of that. He also knows that since the success of his warehouse show in L.A. this fall, his stuff has been in such high demand that people have begun creating illegal t-shirts and posters featuring his designs.
We can assume that's why he's begun offering a selection of his work for download at his online shop. All downloads in the shop are free, and come with a lovely note suggesting that "prints look best when done on gloss paper using the company printer ink when everyone else is at lunch."
Seriously, how can you not love this guy?
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player