Daniel St. George Presents Burning Bridges
Visual artist Daniel St. George isn't shy about stating that his work is steeped in autobiography. "Everything I create relates directly to me and my life," the Brooklyn-based artist claims, likening his pieces to a sort of public diary.
For his latest exhibition, St. George will continue examining this idea, bringing his relationships, family, friends, paranoia, and dark humor to the gallery setting in Burning Bridges, which will open at the San Francisco Stüssy store at the end of this month. Here St. George will show over thirty new pieces for the exhibition, working with the medium of stained or scorched paper, and his usual arsenal of engaging characters and vivid colors.
Burning Bridges runs from January 26 - February, 2007.
The opening night reception is on January 26, 2007, from 6 - 10pm.
Stüssy San Francisco, 1409 Haight Street
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player