MTV's URGE Inks Deal With Planet E and Ed Banger
In its quest to to infiltrate the minds of those crazy indie kids, MTV's URGE network has inked a deal to release exclusive goods from legendary techno label Planet E, as well as Paris-based Ed Banger Records. As of today, the corporate giant gets first dibs on brand new songs and never-before-heard tracks and albums from both imprints.
"Electronic music is growing in mass appeal," says Michael Bloom, VP of MTV's digital music. "Its influence can be felt as it moves beyond dance and surfaces more frequently in such genres as hip-hop and pop." No kidding. If we're already on to Rave, Round II then the electronic scene must have had some influence on other musical genres during the last, uh, twenty years.
Still, there is a bright side to all this corporate deal making. Historically Planet E and Ed Banger have catered to Europe, and while their tracks have certainly been available to those living Stateside, getting one's hands on certain releases is at times frustrating. At least with this new deal the only hurdle us North Americans will face is navigating URGE's impossible interface to find the tracks.
And on that note, here's a lineup of the aforementioned releases out now on URGE. Get 'em while their hot.
Tres Demented "Shez Satan"
Ican "A Quien"
Martin Buttrich "Full Clip"
Vince Watson "Renaissance"
Lazy Fat People "Silencio"
Carl Craig Album Formerly Known As... and More Songs About Food and Revolutionary Art
Paperclip People The Secret Tapes of Dr. Eich
Naomi Daniel and Carl Craig "Feel the Fire/Stars"
Carl Craig "Just Another Day"
Innerzone Orchestra "Bug in the Bassgin"
Paperclip People "4 My Peepz"
Tres Demented "Demented"
Designer Music "Goodgirls"
Krazy Baldhead "Bill's Break"
Zongamin "Bongo Song"
Sebastian "Smoking Kills"
Mr. Flash "Champions"
DJ Medi "I Am Somebody
Sebastian Ross Ross Ross
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player