Panther Unleashes New Album
They call him the one-man disaster squad, and he's been known to scream "Muthafucka!" into a cardboard cellphone, so we anticipated that the debut album from Panther would be a nutty ride. Finally, after a long wait, Charlie Salas-Humara, as he's more commonly known, is ready to unleash Secret Lawns. If that means nothing to you, think fractured soul, broken synths, manic lyrics sung entirely in falsetto, spastic dance moves, and you'll get the idea.
The album is all over the musical map, with Humara playing most of the instruments himself when he's not screaming indecipherable–but funny–lyrics into the mic. Give it a couple listens and you'll agree that this guy is the definition of the word catharsis. Let's hope he stays that way.
The first 1000 copies of the album will feature limited-edition packaging and a DVD with several videos and the debut of "Floor Dancing."
Secret Lawns is out March 6, 2007 on Fryk Beat.
1. Use Your Mouth Your Breath to Breath
2. Here We Stand
3. How Does It Feel?
4. Rely on Scent
5. How Well Can You Swim
6. Take Us Out
7. You Don't Want Your Nails Done
8. Your Pants Are Creased Familiarly
9. Telephone Wire
10. Tennis Lesson
12. Talk for Tuesday
13. Tigers Touch
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player