Panther Unleashes New Album
They call him the one-man disaster squad, and he's been known to scream "Muthafucka!" into a cardboard cellphone, so we anticipated that the debut album from Panther would be a nutty ride. Finally, after a long wait, Charlie Salas-Humara, as he's more commonly known, is ready to unleash Secret Lawns. If that means nothing to you, think fractured soul, broken synths, manic lyrics sung entirely in falsetto, spastic dance moves, and you'll get the idea.
The album is all over the musical map, with Humara playing most of the instruments himself when he's not screaming indecipherable–but funny–lyrics into the mic. Give it a couple listens and you'll agree that this guy is the definition of the word catharsis. Let's hope he stays that way.
The first 1000 copies of the album will feature limited-edition packaging and a DVD with several videos and the debut of "Floor Dancing."
Secret Lawns is out March 6, 2007 on Fryk Beat.
1. Use Your Mouth Your Breath to Breath
2. Here We Stand
3. How Does It Feel?
4. Rely on Scent
5. How Well Can You Swim
6. Take Us Out
7. You Don't Want Your Nails Done
8. Your Pants Are Creased Familiarly
9. Telephone Wire
10. Tennis Lesson
12. Talk for Tuesday
13. Tigers Touch
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Caribou, Todd Terje, Gerd Janson, and More
- ReviewFantastic Mr Fox "You Turn"
XLR8R Downloads Player