Receiver Gallery Presents Your Face Looks Like An Island
Loneliness, desolation, altered states of reality, and being stranded all play a part in Receiver Gallery's latest exhibition, Your Face Looks Like An Island. The San Francisco-based gallery will feature the work of Belgian artist Sacha Eckes and Porous Walker (who claims he was once visited by the ghost of Shel Silverstein).
The two artists approach the subject of the island in their own distinct ways. Eckes favors amorphous shapes and lines, while Porous takes a three-dimensional approach, creating his own islands he peoples with juvenile figures.
Your Face Looks Like An Island runs February 3 - February 27, 2007.
The opening reception is February 3, from 7 - 10pm.
1415 Valencia Street, S.F.
"Your Face" by Sacha Eckes.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player