Receiver Gallery Presents Your Face Looks Like An Island
Loneliness, desolation, altered states of reality, and being stranded all play a part in Receiver Gallery's latest exhibition, Your Face Looks Like An Island. The San Francisco-based gallery will feature the work of Belgian artist Sacha Eckes and Porous Walker (who claims he was once visited by the ghost of Shel Silverstein).
The two artists approach the subject of the island in their own distinct ways. Eckes favors amorphous shapes and lines, while Porous takes a three-dimensional approach, creating his own islands he peoples with juvenile figures.
Your Face Looks Like An Island runs February 3 - February 27, 2007.
The opening reception is February 3, from 7 - 10pm.
1415 Valencia Street, S.F.
"Your Face" by Sacha Eckes.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- FeatureGet Familiar: thePeople
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player