Receiver Gallery Presents Your Face Looks Like An Island
Loneliness, desolation, altered states of reality, and being stranded all play a part in Receiver Gallery's latest exhibition, Your Face Looks Like An Island. The San Francisco-based gallery will feature the work of Belgian artist Sacha Eckes and Porous Walker (who claims he was once visited by the ghost of Shel Silverstein).
The two artists approach the subject of the island in their own distinct ways. Eckes favors amorphous shapes and lines, while Porous takes a three-dimensional approach, creating his own islands he peoples with juvenile figures.
Your Face Looks Like An Island runs February 3 - February 27, 2007.
The opening reception is February 3, from 7 - 10pm.
1415 Valencia Street, S.F.
"Your Face" by Sacha Eckes.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player