RIP Disco D
It's been reported that Disco D committed suicide on Monday, January 22, 2007, at the age of 27.
Born in St. Louis as David Shayman, the producer was hailed as an innovator and eventually grew so much in status that he was producing work for the likes of 50 Cent and Trick Daddy. He also launched his Gringo Louco imprint with the Brazilian rap collective BRAZA. Under the Disco D alias he worked on two Grammy-nominated albums.
He suffered from long-term depression as well as bipolar disorder.
Services will be held in Ann Arbor, MI later this week. You can pay your respects to this great producer by leaving a post at myspace.com/gringolouco.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player