RIP Disco D
It's been reported that Disco D committed suicide on Monday, January 22, 2007, at the age of 27.
Born in St. Louis as David Shayman, the producer was hailed as an innovator and eventually grew so much in status that he was producing work for the likes of 50 Cent and Trick Daddy. He also launched his Gringo Louco imprint with the Brazilian rap collective BRAZA. Under the Disco D alias he worked on two Grammy-nominated albums.
He suffered from long-term depression as well as bipolar disorder.
Services will be held in Ann Arbor, MI later this week. You can pay your respects to this great producer by leaving a post at myspace.com/gringolouco.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player