Touch and Go Releases 25th Anniversary Video
Chicago's Touch and Go Records celebrated its 25th anniversary in September 2006 with a three-day block party featuring 25 (okay, it was technically more than 25) bands. Now, the label is releasing a web-based mini-series that documents the event called the Touch and Go 25th Anniversary Video Diary. New clips from the event will appear on the label's site each week, in a cute mini-format that's easy to watch and saves fans the trouble of having to purchase a bulky DVD.
First up is an introduction to the entire party and how it came to happen. The next week (January 29) Touch and Go will start releasing band-specific clips from every set played that weekend. For those who attended, the fun can be experienced again. Those of us who were stuck on one of the coasts can see for ourselves what the label and its fans got up to while celebrating 25 years of great music.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player