Aesop Rock and Nike, Together
Ian Bavitz, otherwise known as Aesop Rock, has taken on the task of producing an extended track for the Nike + Original Run series, and the results are in.
The concept for the series, which has also seen work from LCD Soundsystem and The Crystal Method, is to provide a single, 45-minute capsule of inspiration for athletes in the form of a piece, or pieces, of music. Given a lack of hour-long hip-hop orchestrations on the market right now, it makes sense that Bavitz has chosen to produce one continuous mix. His T.S. Eliot-esque vision was to compose a piece in which mood and environment signal to one another. “I wanted to create something that evolved enough that the sound was constantly fresh and attractive," he says, adding that the track should feel "as if the runner were moving through a set of differing cities or landscapes.”
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player