DEMF Lineup Announced
- Words: Cameron Octigan
Ferndale, MI-based company Paxahau assumes promotion duties a second year in a row for Movement: Detroit’s Electronic Music Festival, the eighth annual techno-centric festival with an ever-changing name. It seems the unsure future of the festival, after swapping hands nearly every year since its inception, has finally been resolved.
The partial schedule for the city’s annual Memorial Day weekend freak-out has been released, so techno nerds can prepare to wipe their lower lips as the saliva flows. In addition to the impressive list of the genre’s main players, Booka Shade, Gui Boratto, Onur Ozer, and others will make their first appearances in Detroit.
The festival’s partial lineup currently includes Claude VonStroke, Damian Lazarus, Jeff Mills, Christian Smith, Mathew Jonson, Steve Bug, Monolake, Luciano, Stacey Pullen, Pole, Michael Mayer, Valdislav Delay, and dozens of others. Don’t forget the earplugs and bottled water.
Check in with the festival's site for updates.
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsLeon Vynehall Shares Mesmerizing New Video, Announces North American Tour
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player