DEMF Lineup Announced
- Words: Cameron Octigan
Ferndale, MI-based company Paxahau assumes promotion duties a second year in a row for Movement: Detroit’s Electronic Music Festival, the eighth annual techno-centric festival with an ever-changing name. It seems the unsure future of the festival, after swapping hands nearly every year since its inception, has finally been resolved.
The partial schedule for the city’s annual Memorial Day weekend freak-out has been released, so techno nerds can prepare to wipe their lower lips as the saliva flows. In addition to the impressive list of the genre’s main players, Booka Shade, Gui Boratto, Onur Ozer, and others will make their first appearances in Detroit.
The festival’s partial lineup currently includes Claude VonStroke, Damian Lazarus, Jeff Mills, Christian Smith, Mathew Jonson, Steve Bug, Monolake, Luciano, Stacey Pullen, Pole, Michael Mayer, Valdislav Delay, and dozens of others. Don’t forget the earplugs and bottled water.
Check in with the festival's site for updates.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player