Southport Weekender Turns 40
Southport Weekender–hailed as one of the friendliest and most musically diverse festivals around–celebrates its 40th edition this year, and it looks like you'll have to find a scalper and lots of extra cash to attend. Tickets to the three-day event are already sold out.
Begun in 1987 at a caravan park in Berwick-Upon-Tweed, UK the festival has seen all sorts of greats pass through its doors, from Mr. Scruff and Theo Parrish to Frankie Knuckles, Francois K and Bugz in the Attic. For the big bash this year festivities will be housed in four gigantic arenas, with a lineup that so far includes Kenny Dope, Giles Peterson, Jazzanova, Marc Mac (4 Hero), IG Culture, Norman Jay, Ron Trent, Kerri Chandler, and Louie Vega, among others.
Though the festival is no longer selling the £140 tickets, they've advised interested people to check back from time to time for cancellations. Who knows? You might be lucky.
Southport Weekender takes place Friday, May 11, - Sunday, May 13, 2007 at Pontins Holiday Centre, UK.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- FeaturePachanga, Pantha du Prince, and a Japanese Drone Dance: 10 Reasons We Loved MUTEK.MX 2014
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
XLR8R Downloads Player