Southport Weekender Turns 40
Southport Weekender–hailed as one of the friendliest and most musically diverse festivals around–celebrates its 40th edition this year, and it looks like you'll have to find a scalper and lots of extra cash to attend. Tickets to the three-day event are already sold out.
Begun in 1987 at a caravan park in Berwick-Upon-Tweed, UK the festival has seen all sorts of greats pass through its doors, from Mr. Scruff and Theo Parrish to Frankie Knuckles, Francois K and Bugz in the Attic. For the big bash this year festivities will be housed in four gigantic arenas, with a lineup that so far includes Kenny Dope, Giles Peterson, Jazzanova, Marc Mac (4 Hero), IG Culture, Norman Jay, Ron Trent, Kerri Chandler, and Louie Vega, among others.
Though the festival is no longer selling the £140 tickets, they've advised interested people to check back from time to time for cancellations. Who knows? You might be lucky.
Southport Weekender takes place Friday, May 11, - Sunday, May 13, 2007 at Pontins Holiday Centre, UK.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player