SXSW Official Schedule Announced
The official schedule for the 14th year of Austin’s South By Southwest (SXSW) festival was finally revealed over the weekend, and we here at XLR8R have compiled a list of those artists worth checking out. Besides the official picks listed below, the festival–which takes place March 14 -18–will see performances by Boris, Burning Star Core, Jesu, Sunburned Hand of Man, Wooden Shjips, and other bands worth braving the hot, sweaty crowds to see perform.
Music lineups aside, another attraction to SXSW 2007 is that the festival will be as “green” as possible this year. Organizers are working in conjunction with Ecology Action of Austin to reduce and recycle waste, as well as obtain generators powered by biodiesel. The SXSW crew have also purchased wind energy credits and donated money for preserving Austin’s arbores. It’s good to know that they’re doing what they can to make sure we have an Earth left for next year’s festivities.
SXSW 2007 Schedule Highlights
Also, stay up to date on artists performing at the festival with XLR8R's SXSW Artist Preview feature, happening over the next four weeks at xlr8r.com.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player