SXSW Official Schedule Announced
The official schedule for the 14th year of Austin’s South By Southwest (SXSW) festival was finally revealed over the weekend, and we here at XLR8R have compiled a list of those artists worth checking out. Besides the official picks listed below, the festival–which takes place March 14 -18–will see performances by Boris, Burning Star Core, Jesu, Sunburned Hand of Man, Wooden Shjips, and other bands worth braving the hot, sweaty crowds to see perform.
Music lineups aside, another attraction to SXSW 2007 is that the festival will be as “green” as possible this year. Organizers are working in conjunction with Ecology Action of Austin to reduce and recycle waste, as well as obtain generators powered by biodiesel. The SXSW crew have also purchased wind energy credits and donated money for preserving Austin’s arbores. It’s good to know that they’re doing what they can to make sure we have an Earth left for next year’s festivities.
SXSW 2007 Schedule Highlights
Also, stay up to date on artists performing at the festival with XLR8R's SXSW Artist Preview feature, happening over the next four weeks at xlr8r.com.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player