SXSW Official Schedule Announced
The official schedule for the 14th year of Austin’s South By Southwest (SXSW) festival was finally revealed over the weekend, and we here at XLR8R have compiled a list of those artists worth checking out. Besides the official picks listed below, the festival–which takes place March 14 -18–will see performances by Boris, Burning Star Core, Jesu, Sunburned Hand of Man, Wooden Shjips, and other bands worth braving the hot, sweaty crowds to see perform.
Music lineups aside, another attraction to SXSW 2007 is that the festival will be as “green” as possible this year. Organizers are working in conjunction with Ecology Action of Austin to reduce and recycle waste, as well as obtain generators powered by biodiesel. The SXSW crew have also purchased wind energy credits and donated money for preserving Austin’s arbores. It’s good to know that they’re doing what they can to make sure we have an Earth left for next year’s festivities.
SXSW 2007 Schedule Highlights
Also, stay up to date on artists performing at the festival with XLR8R's SXSW Artist Preview feature, happening over the next four weeks at xlr8r.com.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player