New At INCITE Online, March 13
If you'd like to receive a sample mix and weekly updates when new tracks are posted, please subscribe to our podcast. Subscribe using iTunes (recommended) or with the RSS reader of your choice, by clicking here.
Tomboy - Though Tomas Barfod, drummer of Copenhagen's disco-grunge-funk outfit WhoMadeWho, has only just stepped into solo territory, dancefloor remixes of his work, like this track, are already making their way around the music circuit.
Bukue One - Released just last week, Intromission is this Bay Area MC's first full-length, and on it he revisits the five elements he considers integral to hip-hop: rapping, DJing, breaking, graffiti, and skate boarding. In other words, having fun at all costs.
Mark Templeton - Fans of all things experimental and minimal will delight in Anticipate's inaugural release from Templeton, whose bend is towards acoustic instruments manipulated digitally and accompanied by carefully arranged layers of field recordings.
Rootah - Germany-based Jahtari Records attempts to further marry Jamaican sounds with those cold machines more often found in IDM or techno, and label co-founder Rootah epitomizes this on his track "Holy Mount."
Arrebite - Brazil's Rafael and Raul's latest release is a strange concoction of breakcore, reggaeton, drum and bass, and some seriously dark rhythms that pound and pulverize the ears in only the best possible way. Brush up on your headbanging, kids.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player