New At INCITE Online, March 6
If you'd like to receive a sample mix and weekly updates when new tracks are posted, please subscribe to our podcast. Subscribe using iTunes (recommended) or with the RSS reader of your choice, by clicking here.
Sen Kumpa - African Underground: Depths of Dakar is a collaboration between Senegalese MCs and Nomadic Wax Recordings, who set up shop in Dakar and opened the studio doors to anyone willing to grab the mic. The result is an album of tight musical production and politically-charged lyrics that act as the mouthpiece for social change in the country. Definitely not your average rap music.
Lymbyc Systym - Somewhere between post-rock, indie-rock, and folktronica sits the brother/brother duo that hates vowels and loves vintage keyboards, analog effects, lots of drumming, and are quickly carving a name for themselves as Mush's latest laptop-rock creation. Fans of Tortoise, Four Tet, and My Bloody Valentine, take note.
Effacer - Appropriately signed to the UK's experimental label Audiobulb, Effacer turns the art of sound into a true exploration on his new EP, which examines the unpredictable tendencies of abstract noise and subtle nuances of live field recording.
BloodySnowman - Ominous, cold, and, and dark are a few words that come to mind when listening to this Oakland-based producer, whose music sounds more like he's beating the synthesizer with a large metal stick than gently tweaking its knobs. Skeptics will be pleasantly surprised it's possible to dance to this stuff too.
Purple Crush - The title of Purple Crush's new album, Welcome 2 Emo Club, doesn't bring to mind heavy electro synths and programmed, dancefloor-ready beats, but such unpredictability is part of the fun when listening to this singer/producer duo.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player