Podclash In Cyberspace
- Words: Tomas Palermo
UK sound system Clash Hi-Fi has taken its collection of mixes, sound tape archive,s and radio broadcasts to the web on its multifaceted Soundclash.org site. The London-based, French DJ duo of Augui and Flex host weekly reggae shows on the site (Wednesday 9-11pm GMT) that cover the gambit of new and vintage roots, lovers rock, and dub, all available 24-7 via their pop-up imbedded Clash Player or as a Podclash link.
The boys have amassed 100-plus hours of downloadable and playlisted radio shows, as well as reviews, lyrics, and tons of other goodies. They frequently give-away music-related items on their weekly shows, and take requests via email. These are some tech-savvy cats who blog, broadcast, playlist, chart, and upload all-things reggae. Their interviews with guest artists like the UK’s YT, Bitty McLean, and Brother Culture are as intelligent as they are fast-paced and informative.
The site’s moto states “Our goal is to help you discover new sounds to make your life groovier. Our battle is a soundclash against mainstream radio broadcast and their lack of diversity. Our pleasure is to promote the reggae and vinyl culture, by bringing fresh 7" sounds to your computer.” I salute the Soundclash nation!
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player