Skeleton & the Kings of All Cities Preps Album
- Words: Cameron Octigan
Queens-based Skeleton & the Kings of All Cities was previously known as Skeleton & the Girl-Faced Boys. Though the band’s new moniker is equally confusing, its oddly fashioned pop sound remains the same; perhaps just a bit more conceptual on the group's latest project, Lucas.
The concept album revolves around a Moses-like tale of a cracked king and his crusade to homogenize his subjects. Thematically, the record and the band may seem a bit extravagant, yet it fits perfectly with Skeletons’ acid-inflected math- and freak-folk-inspired pop–somewhere in between Paw Tracks and P.W. Elverum & Sun. As their label, Ghostly International, puts it, they are known for their “everything-but-the-kitchen-sink instrumentation and uncommon arrangements.”
Lucas is out May 8, 2007 on Ghostly.
1. What They Said
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player