Sonar 2007 Lineup Announced
- Words: Cameron Octigan
Barcelona’s Sonar Festival returns to the city for its fourteenth year, from Thursday, June 14 – Saturday, June 16. It’s a surprisingly diverse lineup this year, one boasting the most mainstream of artists alongside the up-and-coming acts who’ve only recently begun making headlines.
A Beastie Boys and Narod Niki instrumental double bill at Barcelona nightclub Fira Gran Via (M2) kicks things off, followed the next day by the Beasties playing all their collection of hits during Sonar by Night. Devo will also be making a rare appearance, the band’s first in Europe in 17 years.
Kode9, Skream, and others will be representing the heavy British dubstep army, while, straight from Paris, Justice, Uffie, and DJ Medhi of the Ed Banger crew will do stage time. Digitalism, Simian Mobile Disco, and New Young Pony Club attempt something akin to rave, and techno is conspicuously absent this year. Noise and drone nerds fear not, Wolf Eyes and KTL (feat. Stephen O’Malley of Sunn 0))) and Pita) will be holding it down, perhaps even levitating.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player