Steve Bug Releases New DJ Mix
- Words: Cameron Octigan
German techno innovator Stefan Brügesch (a.k.a. Steve Bug) delivers a dancefloor-worthy mix to Belgian club Fuse’s DJ mix series Fuse Presents this spring.
Brügesch–an innovator in the minimal techno scene as well as head of Poker Flat Recordings–keeps this installment dark, though not specifically geared towards techno purists who like to stand in dimly lit rooms nodding their heads. Rather, this edition of Fuse Presents will appeal to a wider crowd of dance-music lovers, with classics like the Chicago house-style “Problem #13” by Johnny Dangerous and several electro numbers.
Fuse Presents Steve Bug is out April 17, 2007 on Music Man.
1. Plasmik "Eight to Nine"
2. Pier Bucci "Hay Consuelo (Samim Remix)"
3. Namito "Joujou (Martin Ladsky Remix)"
4. Johnny Dangerous "Problem #13 (Beat That Bitch)
5. Seph "Dash (Hearthrob's Acid for Bongo Interpretation)"
6. Guido Schneider "Halo"
7. Efdemin "Iohn & Brot"
8. Mikael Stravöstrand "No Turning Back" feat. Big Bully
9. Steve Bug "Wet"
10. Guido Schneider "Transmissions (Bets 'N' Bluffs Edit)" feat. Florian Schirmacher
11. Foremost Poets "Reasons to be Dismal? (Beyondsight Version)"
12. Square One "Vesuvius (Justin Martin's 'I Hope it Doesn't Blow' Mix)
13. MyMy "Moneybowl
14. Bangana "Skrik (Dub)"
15. Move D "Anne Will (Vincenzo Remix)"
16. Rhythim is Rhythim "The Dance (Living Room Mix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player