Sub Pop Hands Out Loser Scholarship
- Words: Fred Miketa
Sub Pop, the label responsible for releasing classics from the likes of Earth, Modest Mouse, and The Postal Service is offering one Washington or Oregon high-school senior a chance at their first ever “Loser Scholarship.”
Said lucky senior will receive $5750 to apply toward college tuition. Naturally, the label is looking for the artistic-minded kids of the world, and those with enough self-awareness to understand why they’d prefer to spend their days in an indie-rock band (or doing some other form of art).
Students have until May 1 to prove their creative ambition. Applicants simply need to send over a hard- or digital copy of their portfolios, write a one-page essay, and pray for some fiscal indie-love.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player