Sub Pop Hands Out Loser Scholarship
- Words: Fred Miketa
Sub Pop, the label responsible for releasing classics from the likes of Earth, Modest Mouse, and The Postal Service is offering one Washington or Oregon high-school senior a chance at their first ever “Loser Scholarship.”
Said lucky senior will receive $5750 to apply toward college tuition. Naturally, the label is looking for the artistic-minded kids of the world, and those with enough self-awareness to understand why they’d prefer to spend their days in an indie-rock band (or doing some other form of art).
Students have until May 1 to prove their creative ambition. Applicants simply need to send over a hard- or digital copy of their portfolios, write a one-page essay, and pray for some fiscal indie-love.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player