Video: Camera Obscura “If Looks Could Kill”
Indie-pop has taken many forms over the years, but rarely are bands as consistent as Camera Obscura. The Glasgow-based band has released over 10 records, with incessant touring across the earth at every turn. Last year’s Let’s Get Out of this Country found the group at their most realized with a potent blend of '60s pop melodies and melancholic vocal harmonies. The "Tears for Affairs" single, set for release April 16 on Merge and “If Looks Could Kill" (also on the up-coming single), shows exactly what we mean.
See “If Looks Could Kill” at XLR8R’s Video Section.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player