He's known as one of the most abstract wordsmiths currently on the indie hip-hop circuit, and Aesop Rock is ready to challenge and puzzle live audiences once again, with a fresh handful of summer tour dates. The longtime member of the Definitive Jux crew will be hitting major U.S. cities this August and September, showcasing material from 2007's None Shall Pass. Read more »
The good folks at truth® want to share every last shred of information available about nicotine and smoking, which means they've got a laundry list of pretty nasty details on hand. But it's not all gum cancer, premature death, and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome due to secondhand smoke. The anti-smoking campaign also delivers its message through good music, and the its latest endeavor in this area is The Sunny Side of truth® compilation, in which the organization enlisted a handful of DJs to remix tracks from its current summer campaign.
Read more »
Grab your pillow or sofa cushion and head down to the beaches of Santa Monica next weekend, for Tonalism 2008. Hosted by the famous dublab crew, the event has historically combined lush, ambient music with visuals designed to relax party-goers and draw their attention to the experiment for extended periods of time. Which basically means that people lie around listening to music, watching compelling visuals, and drinking the complementary hot tea the crew serves up. Read more »
Album release parties don't make for the most compelling news, but if anyone's an exception to the rule, it's Daedelus. With his Love To Make Music To's release date just around the corner, the monome-loving musical innovator is planning a bash in his hometown Los Angeles this weekend.
Read more »
They may have spent the majority of this spring on the road, including a stint in Europe where two bandmembers contracted the mumps, but Yoni Wolf and the boys in WHY? are still not ready to head home. The band will continue making the rounds this fall, with shows across the U.S. and Canada where they'll play material off their most recent release, Alopecia, and share the stage with Tussle, Mount Eerie, and Tobacco of Black Moth Super Rainbow.
Read more »
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player