111 Minna Gallery Has The Werks
- Words: Cameron Octigan
On April 20, 2007, San Francisco’s 111 Minna Gallery will host The Werks, an event designed to showcase emerging electronic artists from San Francisco and its surrounding areas. Bay Area Beatdrop–founders of Fukwerk Fridays, Low End Saturdays, and a new monthly called Filter SF–is the promotional force behind the event, whose previous guests include Pheek, Miskate, and Butane. Co-producing The Werks will be Compression LA, a monthly techno party and DJ residency of John Tejada.
Pokerflat’s Limacon, Ruoho Ruotsi of De’fchild Productions, and Jason Emsley of Platzhirsch will bump the electronic goodness for this installment of The Werks, which takes place beginning at 5 p.m. Tickets are $5 before 9 p.m. and $10 after.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player