111 Minna Gallery Has The Werks
- Words: Cameron Octigan
On April 20, 2007, San Francisco’s 111 Minna Gallery will host The Werks, an event designed to showcase emerging electronic artists from San Francisco and its surrounding areas. Bay Area Beatdrop–founders of Fukwerk Fridays, Low End Saturdays, and a new monthly called Filter SF–is the promotional force behind the event, whose previous guests include Pheek, Miskate, and Butane. Co-producing The Werks will be Compression LA, a monthly techno party and DJ residency of John Tejada.
Pokerflat’s Limacon, Ruoho Ruotsi of De’fchild Productions, and Jason Emsley of Platzhirsch will bump the electronic goodness for this installment of The Werks, which takes place beginning at 5 p.m. Tickets are $5 before 9 p.m. and $10 after.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player