Bicycle Film Festival Cities Announced
- Words: Fred Miketa
No, Bicycle Film Festival (BFF) isn’t an event where a bunch of dudes with Chrome bags and rolled up jeans get wasted and talk about their obscure, $5,000 track bikes. It’s a cultural celebration of the vehicle in all its forms, whether it’s bike jousting, BMX, track, Critical Mass, or bike polo.
The festival, which travels to several different cities worldwide over the course of the year, showcases films by bike enthusiasts anywhere, be they acclaimed directors or amateurs. This year’s lineup already includes work from directors Peter Sutherland (best known for Stoked: The Rise and Fall of Gator), Zack Weinstein (Caravan Prague: an anarchist trek through Europe), and Christopher Ryan (Criminal Mass: a look into the NYC Critical Mass ride including jail stays, comradery, and court appearances), amongst many others to be announced. Screenings are generally followed by after-parties, featuring cutting-edge bands and performers. If last year’s edition–which included appearances from Blonde Redhead, Michel Gondry, Swoon, Lucas Brunelle, and Nick Golebiewski–is any indication, the 2007 BFF should be well worth catching.
For more info and specific city details go to the festival's site.
New York (Dates Announced: May 16-20)
- FeatureLocals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- NewsWatch the Wild New Video for "Tsekeleke," Nozinja's First Shangaan Electro Outing for Warp
- NewsDownload New Edits from Karizma
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsDeadboy Streams Full Upcoming 'Return' EP for Numbers
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player