Graffiti Returns to the Subway
Seven of the world's best graffiti artists usher in Adidas' Spring line with the End to End Project, in which these champions of urban street art will work together painting a full-sized replica of a subway car from, uh, end to end. Think of it as a gigantic live painting endeavor, planted for public viewing at a busy New York intersection.
The artists–Siloette, Rime, Smart, Scien, Can2, Atom, and Skore–recently visited London and worked for three days in a gutted warehouse, developing an effective approach to the project. They'll take the results of their brainstorming to the subway car on Tuesday, April 10, for a full-day painting extravaganza. Those not in New York will delight in knowing the project will also be available as a clothing line, sold exclusively at Foot Locker.
DJ Enuff, Iron Lyon, and Complex will provide music for the event, which takes place between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. on the Northwest corner of Houston and Lafayette streets in New York. Adidas' spring line will also be on display.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player