Video: Box Codax "I Swam With the Otter"
Many know German imprint Gomma for its humanized disco, but the label’s über-experimental Box Codax is on an entirely different plane. Ariel Pink and John Maus had better watch out, because Codax’s estranged-pop is as outlandish as it gets–though it somehow maintains the signature Gomma sound that’s got clubs and parties pledging allegiance to the label. “I Swam With an Otter” is an audiovisual experience that’ll have the ladies impressed that artists can actually reach this level of strangeness.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player