Video: Box Codax "I Swam With the Otter"
Many know German imprint Gomma for its humanized disco, but the label’s über-experimental Box Codax is on an entirely different plane. Ariel Pink and John Maus had better watch out, because Codax’s estranged-pop is as outlandish as it gets–though it somehow maintains the signature Gomma sound that’s got clubs and parties pledging allegiance to the label. “I Swam With an Otter” is an audiovisual experience that’ll have the ladies impressed that artists can actually reach this level of strangeness.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player