Video: Tracey Thorn “It’s All True”
Out of Everything But the Girl’s shadow, songstress Tracey Thorn has risen to craft an electro-pop gem, with music vet Ewan Pearson at the production helm. We ain’t lyin'. Like EBTG records, Out of the Woods mirrors the downtempo pop that Thorn and husband/producer Ben Watt became infamous for, but Pearson’s minimalist production makes this solo debut a long-player that works just as well on the dancefloor as it does on adult contemporary radio (in a good way).
The video for “It’s All True,” directed by Si and Ad (Simon Atkinson and Adam Townley), features a wealth of costume changes and some seriously mesmerizing choreography to go along with the music. Watch it and get laced.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player