Klaxons Return to the U.S.
- Words: Jennifer Marston
To think the Klaxons once had visa issues that cancelled their initial Stateside tour. After the recent release of Myths of the Near Future, interviews galore, and a highly-praised appearance at this year's Coachella, Jamie Reynolds, James Righton, and Simon Taylor are headed for US soil again, hitting major cities, as well as the Pitchfork Music Festival. Here's to the boys reaching a wider audience and overcoming the hideous "new rave" label so often given to them.
Read more on the Klaxons in XLR8R 104 (January 2007).
07/10 Los Angeles, CA: El Rey Theatre
07/11 San Francisco, CA: Great American Music Hall
07/12 Seattle, WA: Chop Suey
07/13 Portland, OR: Doug Fir Lounge
07/15 Chicago, IL: The Pitchfork Music Festival
07/16 Minneapolis, MN: The Varsity Theater
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player