Pole and Kode 9 Invade San Francisco
Stefan Betke (a.k.a. Pole) is one of the most respected producers in the history of dub-tech, responsible for not only mastering with the Basic Channel/Rhythm & Sound camp, but also for founding the ~scape imprint (Jan Jelinek, Deadbeat).
San Francisco sound-nerds and old techno heads will be thrilled that a yet-to-be announced location is hosting one of the most anticipated electronic events (at least to us) of 2007–Pole’s live invasion of the city.
In addition to Pole’s live bombast South London-based dubstep icon Kode 9 (founder of the Hyperdub label) will be at the DJ decks with his infamously massive bass power. Also set to perform is XLR8R columnist/raga-breakcore-dancehall masher Kid Kameleon. Organs are bound to rupture.
In the great rave tradition, full details will be announced on the day of the show. Check back with XLR8R’s Top Stories for more info.
To buy advance tickets or for venue info go to Sensory Perception.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player