Pole and Kode 9 Invade San Francisco
Stefan Betke (a.k.a. Pole) is one of the most respected producers in the history of dub-tech, responsible for not only mastering with the Basic Channel/Rhythm & Sound camp, but also for founding the ~scape imprint (Jan Jelinek, Deadbeat).
San Francisco sound-nerds and old techno heads will be thrilled that a yet-to-be announced location is hosting one of the most anticipated electronic events (at least to us) of 2007–Pole’s live invasion of the city.
In addition to Pole’s live bombast South London-based dubstep icon Kode 9 (founder of the Hyperdub label) will be at the DJ decks with his infamously massive bass power. Also set to perform is XLR8R columnist/raga-breakcore-dancehall masher Kid Kameleon. Organs are bound to rupture.
In the great rave tradition, full details will be announced on the day of the show. Check back with XLR8R’s Top Stories for more info.
To buy advance tickets or for venue info go to Sensory Perception.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player