Pole and Kode 9 Invade San Francisco
Stefan Betke (a.k.a. Pole) is one of the most respected producers in the history of dub-tech, responsible for not only mastering with the Basic Channel/Rhythm & Sound camp, but also for founding the ~scape imprint (Jan Jelinek, Deadbeat).
San Francisco sound-nerds and old techno heads will be thrilled that a yet-to-be announced location is hosting one of the most anticipated electronic events (at least to us) of 2007–Pole’s live invasion of the city.
In addition to Pole’s live bombast South London-based dubstep icon Kode 9 (founder of the Hyperdub label) will be at the DJ decks with his infamously massive bass power. Also set to perform is XLR8R columnist/raga-breakcore-dancehall masher Kid Kameleon. Organs are bound to rupture.
In the great rave tradition, full details will be announced on the day of the show. Check back with XLR8R’s Top Stories for more info.
To buy advance tickets or for venue info go to Sensory Perception.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- MP3Lance Neptune "Pink Violet"
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player