Vladislav Delay Turns Ten
- Words: Fred Miketa
Vladislav Delay (a.k.a. Sasu Ripatti) is a Finnish producer who has set the standard for techno experimentation. With a knack for layering delay effects and soft, hitting percussion, Delay bridges the gap between sustained clouds of harmony and 4/4 dance-central.
Ten years into his career, Delay has released records on standard-setting labels like Mille Plateaux, Chain Reaction, Staubgold, Max.Ernst and his own Huume imprint. He’s also toyed with house, ambient, and a little underwater disco with his guises as Uusitalo and Luomo.
Supporting his new release, Whistleblower (Huume), Delay lugs his challenging performance over to San Francisco for a one-time underground massacre on Saturday, May 25.
After two insane nights with artists like Pole, Kode9, and Badawi annihilating eardrums, Delay will cap off the week with a long-anticipated live set. Featuring live animation by S.F.’s own Sue.C, the show is likely to change your perception
For advance tickets and venue information go to Sensory Perception.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player