Vladislav Delay Turns Ten
- Words: Fred Miketa
Vladislav Delay (a.k.a. Sasu Ripatti) is a Finnish producer who has set the standard for techno experimentation. With a knack for layering delay effects and soft, hitting percussion, Delay bridges the gap between sustained clouds of harmony and 4/4 dance-central.
Ten years into his career, Delay has released records on standard-setting labels like Mille Plateaux, Chain Reaction, Staubgold, Max.Ernst and his own Huume imprint. He’s also toyed with house, ambient, and a little underwater disco with his guises as Uusitalo and Luomo.
Supporting his new release, Whistleblower (Huume), Delay lugs his challenging performance over to San Francisco for a one-time underground massacre on Saturday, May 25.
After two insane nights with artists like Pole, Kode9, and Badawi annihilating eardrums, Delay will cap off the week with a long-anticipated live set. Featuring live animation by S.F.’s own Sue.C, the show is likely to change your perception
For advance tickets and venue information go to Sensory Perception.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player