Vladislav Delay Turns Ten
- Words: Fred Miketa
Vladislav Delay (a.k.a. Sasu Ripatti) is a Finnish producer who has set the standard for techno experimentation. With a knack for layering delay effects and soft, hitting percussion, Delay bridges the gap between sustained clouds of harmony and 4/4 dance-central.
Ten years into his career, Delay has released records on standard-setting labels like Mille Plateaux, Chain Reaction, Staubgold, Max.Ernst and his own Huume imprint. He’s also toyed with house, ambient, and a little underwater disco with his guises as Uusitalo and Luomo.
Supporting his new release, Whistleblower (Huume), Delay lugs his challenging performance over to San Francisco for a one-time underground massacre on Saturday, May 25.
After two insane nights with artists like Pole, Kode9, and Badawi annihilating eardrums, Delay will cap off the week with a long-anticipated live set. Featuring live animation by S.F.’s own Sue.C, the show is likely to change your perception
For advance tickets and venue information go to Sensory Perception.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player