Dirty Sound System Releases Dirty Space Disco
Guillaume Sorge and Clovis Goux, and Benjamin Morando, collectively known as Dirty Sound System, are steadfastly dedicated to giving the masses music that’s engaging and challenging, rather than sticking to the standard trendy cuts during their sets. “We are selectors, not DJs,” the Paris-based trio’s website states, before going on to list a multitude of genres the guys have been known to drop on the dancefloor.
Dirty Space Disco, their latest compilation, follows suit. Listeners will find artists as disparate as Conrad Schnitzler and Sylvester thrown into the mix, which covers several styles of dance music while remaining seamless throughout its duration. The first release in a series of three, the mix is, in the trio’s own words, music “by nerds, for non-nerds.”
Stay tuned for the next installment in the series, rumored to be geared towards leftfield, psychedelic French pop from the 1970s.
Dirty Space Disco is out June 28, 2007 on Tigersushi.
1. John Forde “Atlantis”
2. Roedelius “Regenmacher”
3. Clara Mondshine “Die Drachentrommier (Pilooski Edit)”
4. Undisputed Truth “Undisputed (How & Why Editions Disco Edit)”
5. Fern Kinney “Baby Let Me Kiss You”
6. John Miles “Stranger in the City (Pilooski Edit)”
7. Conrad Schnitzler “Auf Dem Schwarzen Kanal”
8. Yellow Power “ Hai Samurai”
9. Tony Esposito “Processione Sul Mare”
10. Odyssey “Who”
11. Sylvester “I Need Somebody to Love Tonight”
12. Risque “Starlight”
13. Starbow “Voyager II”