Don’t Look Back Premieres Stateside
- Words: Fred Miketa
Some of the UK’s most diverse and compelling concerts have sprung from All Tomorrow’s Parties, a label and promotion team that’s hosted performances by everyone from Sonic Youth’s Thurston Moore and The Mars Volta’s Omar Rodriguez-Lopez. Now, ATP brings its newest live series, Don’t Look Back to the States.
The main idea behind the series is to get iconic artists to perform legendary albums from beginning to end. The Stooges kicked Don’t Look Back off in 2005, when they performed Fun House in its entirety at London’s Hammerstein Apollo. Since then, everyone from Tindersticks to The Dirty Three has brought their classic albums into the live settings for die-hard fans.
2007 rings in a powerhouse of acts, slated to perform their most acclaimed albums in the US-of-A. GZA, Sonic Youth, and Slint will appear at the Pitchfork Music Festival, while Girls Against Boys will please the greater indie-rock population of the Big Apple. ATP has also announced that Portishead will curate the Nightmare Before Christmas festival this December. OM, Earth, Black Mountain, Aphex Twin, and other stoney acts are confirmed for the event. Jump in line for tickets now–it’s not too likely these festivities will ever go down again.
Don’t Look Back Dates
Sonic Youth Performs Daydream Nation
07/13 Chicago, IL: Pitchfork Music Festival
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- FeaturePachanga, Pantha du Prince, and a Japanese Drone Dance: 10 Reasons We Loved MUTEK.MX 2014
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
XLR8R Downloads Player