Tour: The Field
- Words: Cameron Octigan
You must not be listening to music if you haven’t heard From Here We Go Sublime, Axel Willner’s latest album recorded under his The Field moniker. Seamlessly integrating elements of acid, techno, and pop into one a kind of melodic haven, the new release is equal parts Kompakt, My Bloody Valentine, and Lionel Richie (samples, that is). In other words, the Stockholm native has crafted a near-perfect pop/techno crossover record.
In an attempt for world domination, Willner is bringing his tech-splendor to the States for a few shows during the month of July. Recorded live (which means he’s got the guts to keep a few mistakes in each set), these live shows should be nothing short of sublime.
07/13 Seattle, WA: Chop Suey
07/15 Chicago, IL: Pitchfork Festival
07/16 Boston, MA: Great Scott
07/17 Cleveland Heights, OH: B Side Liquor Lounge
07/18 Brooklyn, NY: Studio B
07/19 Hollywood, CA: Joseph’s Cafe
07/20 Portland, OR: Holocene
07/21 San Francisco, CA: RX Gallery
10/26 Monterrey, MX: Zona Forum
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player