Gear Alert: M-Audio Studiophile AV 40s
- Words: Fred Miketa
It’s amazing how quickly otherwise-intelligent gear heads will drop a wad of cash for those abhorrent iPod docking stations currently sweeping the market, especially when M-Audio offers up a speaker system as resolute as the Studiophile AV 40s.
Unlike a majority of modern desktop speakers, the AV 40s are specifically designed for bedroom composers and producers who want a hassle-free setup that can stand on its own, be taken on the road, etc.
Priced at $200.00, these little dudes come equipped with 4” polypropylene-coated woofers that pump out extreme bass while not crossing the “enough bass to get you evicted” line. They also come with a 20-watt-per-channel built-in amplifier and magnetic shielding that’ll protect the old LCD screen.
Although M-Audio has even more affordable speakers, the AV 40’s are worth the extra cash, and definitely worth second guessing that expensive wooden box designed solely for iPods.
The Studiophile AV 40 Speaker System is available now from M-Audio.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player