Gear Alert: M-Audio Studiophile AV 40s
- Words: Fred Miketa
It’s amazing how quickly otherwise-intelligent gear heads will drop a wad of cash for those abhorrent iPod docking stations currently sweeping the market, especially when M-Audio offers up a speaker system as resolute as the Studiophile AV 40s.
Unlike a majority of modern desktop speakers, the AV 40s are specifically designed for bedroom composers and producers who want a hassle-free setup that can stand on its own, be taken on the road, etc.
Priced at $200.00, these little dudes come equipped with 4” polypropylene-coated woofers that pump out extreme bass while not crossing the “enough bass to get you evicted” line. They also come with a 20-watt-per-channel built-in amplifier and magnetic shielding that’ll protect the old LCD screen.
Although M-Audio has even more affordable speakers, the AV 40’s are worth the extra cash, and definitely worth second guessing that expensive wooden box designed solely for iPods.
The Studiophile AV 40 Speaker System is available now from M-Audio.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player