The Go! Team Readies Proof of Youth
- Words: Fred Miketa
Every hipster, hip-hop head, and downtown shopper should be familiar with The Go! Team’s cheerleading squad that chanted on the band’s hits “Junior Kickstart” and “Huddle Formation.” Two years after such antics, the Brighton-based sextet remains in place on the indie sensation map and is unleashing its sophomore full-length, Proof of Youth.
Instead of relying on the sample-heavy bombast of its previous effort, Thunder, Lightning, Strike, the band employs live instrumentation for the new album, as well as a few friends–namely Chuck D, Double Dutch Divas, Marina from Bonde Do Role, and the Frederick Douglas All Star Cheer Team–and a glockenspiel that was apparently on hand. Should we be scared?
Proof of Youth is out September 11, 2007 on Sub Pop.
1. Grip Like a Vice
2. Doing It Right
3. My World
4. Titanic Vandalism
5. Fake ID
6. Universal Speech
7. Keys to the City
8. The Wrath of Marcie
9. I Never Needed It Now So Much
10. Flashlight Fight
11. Patricia’s Moving Picture
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player