Mr. Oizo Makes Feature Film
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Steak, in this case, is not a slab of red meat, but the debut feature film from Quentin Dupieux, better known to Ed Banger Records fans as Mr. Oizo. The 90-minute film is set in the year 2016, and follows a young man named George, who is obsessed with the latest rage in the fashion world–facelifts. Rich bullies, virtual sports, a kidnapping, and ransom money all make up important plot points in the story, and if Steak anything like the slew of Ed Banger music videos available, it should be quite the juicy treat.
The film's soundtrack is, appropriately, available on Ed Banger June 18, 2007. Those in Paris can head out to the film's release party on June 20 (also the film's release date), at Paris, 5 avenue de l'Opera.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player