Puma Re-Bikes the Bicycle Film Festival
- Words: Fred Miketa
The Bicycle Film Festival is probably one of the most powerful outlets for bicycle awareness that happens on a global scale. As with previous years, the 2007 edition of the traveling festival will bring bicycle-centric films, art shows, and music events to every city from Los Angeles to Rome, and this year also sees the inclusion of a recycled bike gallery.
Presented by Puma, the Re-Bike gallery is a collection of cycles made by a series of magazines (yes, XLR8R contributed one!) and other marketing partners. Made only of recycled parts, the bikes are meant to not only display the various companies’ personalities, but also educate people about the two-wheeled lifestyle. The bicycles will be auctioned off after they tour the US, with proceeds going towards local bike charities.
In addition to Puma’s gallery, the 2007 BFF will also feature parades, block parties, and art shows that celebrate bike consciousness. The fest kicked off in New York City on May 16, drawing more than 11,000 attendees eager to see the goods. Oh, and there will be a bike valet at each stop, which if nothing else, makes the whole thing worthwhile.
Los Angeles (June 27-July1)
London (July 5-6)
Paris (July 26-July 29)
Chicago (August 15-18)
Toronto (August 22-25)
San Francisco (September19-22)
Vienna (October 5-7)
London (October 16-20)
Roma (November 7-10)
Milano (November 15-17)
Sydney (November 29 -December1)
Melbourne (December 5-8)
XLR8R contributed this cycle to the Re-Bike gallery.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player