XLR8R TV Episode 11: Pole
In part two of our series on San Francisco's Recombinant Media Labs, XLR8R Technology Editor Ken Taylor looks at the state-of-the-art sound facility through the eyes of Berlin-based musician Stefan Betke (a.k.a. Pole). To a soundboard master like Betke, the lab is not only "a dreamland," but a fertile ground for his dub-heavy explorations. Watch as he experiences Recombinant Media Labs for the first time.
Episode 1: DAT Politics, Zion I
Episode 2: Carl Craig
Episode 3: SXSW Part One
Episode 4: SXSW Part Two
Episode 5: Busdriver
Episode 6: Psychedelic Videos
Episode 7: Beth Ditto and Yo Majesty
Episode 8: Digitalism
Episode 9: Joakim
Episode 10: Recombinant Media Labs, Part I
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player